Thursday, August 16, 2007

Little Garden














For some reason, I've always had a mental block against planting seeds. I could have related it to baking perhaps, but I just couldn't get over the fact that this little thing that looks like it belongs in my vaccuum cleaner could metamorphosize into a living organism under my guard. It was like trying to be God. And those who know me agree, I ain't no Icarian overachiever.

Anyway, I got free Marigold seeds at some party, and had some old soil and a little terracotta pot lying around. Long story short, all I did was scatter some seeds and water it every 2-3 days. Within 2 weeks, I now have flowers in my kitchen window!

I know any cynic would curl their lips and say that Marigolds are probably the easiest plants to grow, which is why I'm moving on to Viola flowers, and possibly arugula next. Orange Chinese lantern flowers and sorrell leaves had also caught my eye, but the gardening lady at Cole Hardware shredded that idea up without blinking.

I welcome gardening tips and any ideas for flowers or vegetables that can be grown indoors.

I know this makes absolutely no sense, but if you can recommend any non-toxic (non-chemical) pesticide or other environmentally friendly products, I'd appreciate it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

Susan, that sounds great. It must be really rewarding to watch the growth process. Don't move on to complicated plants just to appease the cynics...do it because you want to. Hehe.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home