Monday, January 23, 2006

snippet of a brewing story on the backburner

She didn't care if today wasn't her birthday. She was tired of waiting, waiting for that moment when she could wear what she dubbed as her "Snow White" dress; pink with white fur cap sleeves like two rabbits perched on her round shoulders.
The thing is, I never said she had to wait until her birthday.

I watched her quietly patting her furry shoulders as if she were lullabying them to sleep. Her bedroom with the circus wallpaper was already tired of her endless daydreams, and the smiling bears and tigers marched across her room slowly fading in the upper corners of the wall.

I looked out her window to see the breeze snake through the bamboo patch. She could play for hours in that enchanted forest, hours of complete fantasy soaking up her imagination. I had wanted to take part in that world, but I knew I'd always be an outsider, desperately wiping the frost from the window trying to look in...

1 Comments:

Blogger Hugo said...

way to go :)
here's to more thoughts, whether random or enslaved to the always elusive "unifying theme" of our lives (ok... of our blogs.)

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home